Reporting to the Information Systems Manager, the Application Support Specialist will define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain business software applications in support of the achievement of business objectives. This includes working with departments to define and document requirements, coding and testing changes and new functionality, analyzing solutions to meet requirements. The analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software applications throughout the production life cycle.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts with users of all levels within the organization, Canada & U.S. and handles application & technical support for around 150 users
- Arranges project requirements by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Administers and provides guidance to report writers on the SQL database structures and data models.
- Administration and enhancements to the SharePoint Platform and Sage X3 platform and associated applications.
- SharePoint Governance, Management of Permissions, analyzing and reporting upon SharePoint usage and activity, regular review, clean-up, management and configuration of SharePoint accounts and sites
- Liaison with external vendors, key stakeholders, users, IT staff to enhance, improve and increase user acceptance for business applications such as Sharepoint and Sage X3 and associated applications.
- Research applications to enhance the functionality of Sharepoint and Sage X3 and associated applications.
- Coordinate and liaise with some 3rd party applications that are integrated within our infrastructure.
- Develop and write user and technical documentation for business applications and any other related documentation.
- Provide training and assistance to users as required.
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Provide backup support for business systems and associated infrastructure when required
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Top Competencies Required
- Designing and Developing Applications
- Business Analysis and Intelligence
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Associates degree in an IT related program
- Microsoft Certified Professional or MS Technical Specialist certificate preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience providing business analysis and development activities in a corporate environment
- Experience writing user and technical documentation
- Experience with SQL database administration and understanding of data models.
- Experience and exposure to SharepointOnline (Office 365)
- Experience and exposure to ERP platforms such as Sage X3, SAP Business One, JD Edwards.
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Strong working knowledge of operating systems in a network environment
- Understanding of Project Management and business analysis methodologies
- Standard methodology to create concise and clear documentation understandable by end-users
- Ability to gather and/or identify user requirements
- Requires some after hours & weekend support
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com.