A glimpse of what an Inventory Buyer/Planner does:
- Analyze and monitor sales records, trends and economic conditions to anticipate buying patterns and determine the most likely volume that will be sold when and the amount of inventory required to meet service level (fill rate and turns) objectives
- Confer with sales, marketing, and customer service personnel to obtain information about customer needs and preferences that will drive demand and/or service level requirements
- Monitor warehouse inventory levels and adjust replenishment dates and volumes to maintain target inventory levels
- Work with suppliers and freight forwarders to optimize lead times
- Work with Product Management to review; end of life items, inventory velocity, items with high Minimum Order Quantity/Minimum Order Value
If you would like a full, detailed, standard job description with tasks, responsibilities and qualifications, please email your request to email@example.com with the subject “Job Description Request – Inventory Buyer/Planner”.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL ON OUR SUPPLY CHAIN TEAM
- Must have a thorough understanding of Inventory Management i.e. demand & supply planning concepts & methods, fill rates and turn ratios
- Strong ability to generate insights from the analysis of data and turn it into actionable information to drive faster and better decisions for inventory/buying.
- Strong teamwork ethic, working collaboratively with others across departments
- Must be adept at problem solving
- Effective communicator with ability to understand others’ underlying needs and motivation
- Is inherently responsive to customers (internal or external)
Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Taymor signature bath collections and Premier Series locks are installed nationwide in multi-family residential developments, private residences and leading hotels and resorts. Family owned, with well-stocked distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto; we deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, or visit taymor.com to learn more about us.
SOME OTHER POINTS
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.