Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the role of IT Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. In this role the person will be responsible for providing end user computing (desktop, laptop & PDA) support, determining and implementing solutions for maintaining and supporting the end user computing devices. This position will install and configure new systems, maintain inventory and update I.T. related documentation and systems. This position will also provide backup support to the Systems Administrator with LAN/WAN troubleshooting support for network, servers & wireless environment. In addition, the role will provide support for our Video Conferencing and Phone system, and administration of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, anti-virus, and other network related software.
A SNAP SHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical & application support to 150 users throughout Canada and the U.S. on workstations, laptops, software, printers, networking, remote access, connectivity & administration. Troubleshoot and resolve reported issues in a timely manner.
- New hire setup; PC configuration, software installation of all applicable apps & basic end user training where required.
- Be responsible for or participate in IT projects
- Support MS Office suite of products, and a variety of specialized applications and Windows 10.
- Checking/review of all daily logs: Back-Up & DR verification, patch management, firewall & security, etc.
- Virus malware detection, cleaning and removal
- Provide Terminal Emulation support through Smarterm & Netterm
- LAN/WAN troubleshooting & backup support for Network, servers and wireless environment. Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server 2008 and 2012 and higher.
- Experience with application deployment using system tools or GPO.
- Experience with desktop imaging.
- Asset & warranty management – ensure accuracy and integrity of information technology assets.
- Setup mobile phones & on-going user support (Apple & Android)
- Phone system support, administration & troubleshooting
- Support video conferencing system (LifeSize)
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Top Competencies Required
- Existing Systems and Technology
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Technical Innovation
- MCSE/MCP certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in similar role in a corporate environment
- Solid experience in core Microsoft applications (Office 2010, 2013, 2016 & Windows 7 or higher) & Adobe products
- Strong experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Windows 2012 & higher (including calendars, email functions & email protocols SMTP, IMAP, POP)
- Experience installing computer hardware/software, quickly and efficiently (imaging experience would be an asset)
- Previous experience with tools to remove viruses and malware from infected systems
- Experience with: GFI Languard, GFI Mail Archiver, Mail Essentials, Manage Engine, Vipre Anti-Virus, Fortinet Firewalls, Windows 10, preferred
- Mac OS knowledge to support iPhones, iPads & Mac Desktop/Laptop
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, DNS, DHCP, Print server
- Ability to train users effectively in both formal and informal settings
- Learns quickly and has a drive to learn new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to handle demanding workloads in high stress environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff
- Customer service focused
- Requires some afterhours & weekend support
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.