Taymor Industries Ltd.
Family owned since 1948, Taymor is a designer and manufacturer of architectural hardware. The leading choice of builders and professionals for residential, multifamily, and hospitality projects, Taymor delivers exclusive modern designs with a focus on superior quality and value. Taymor's affordable bath accessories, door locks, and commercial hardware products are found in some of the most iconic buildings in North America.
We are passionate about design and about delivering compelling customer experiences across all touchpoints, engaging our customers with evocative imagery and language that inspires.
Essential (principal) tasks and responsibilities
- Developing strong relationships and regular communication with selected key accounts as part of a team selling approach
- Create, enhance and update Taymor programs(planograms) for DIY retailers to drive market success
- Supports Taymor sales team to grow the business at Major accounts, including planograms, presentation materials, and samples for major account presentations
- Coordinates price increase execution
- Coordinates promotions, product knowledge training, and trade shows in conjunction with marketing,
- Coordinates product knowledge tools, special events and presentations in support of Taymor Sales Team
- Coordinates scheduled sales team calls to Big Box stores to inspect, fix up, photograph and report issues.
- Develops sales reports and sales analysis utilizing Taymor’s ERP and CRM systems
- Works closely with Taymor’s Product Services, Customer Service, Warehouse, Inventory Buyers, and Account Teams to support business needs and ensure customer needs are being met
- Taymor CRM and ERP “super user”
- Manage and cultivate system knowledge
- Utilize Buying Group dealer listings and industry publications to uncover new targets
- Determine follow up target lists for Sales Reps/Agents and delegate as appropriate
- Train new Sales Team members
- Trade show/marketing campaign lead follow up
- Travel within Canada may be required
- Additional tasks assigned as required
Qualifications, skills and abilities
Top Competencies Required
- Sales Responsiveness including Prioritization
- Hunter – Results driven
- Sales Skills including Planogramming
- Information Systems Technical Proficiency (CRM, ERP, Excel, SharePoint)
- Deep understanding of DIY retail in Canada
- Post-Secondary education in business or a related field an asset
- 3+ years’ experience in DIY Retail
- Customer service or sales experience an asset
Knowledge & Technical/Professional Abilities
- Knowledge within the construction and/or building industry an asset
- Ability to work with business math concepts including but not limited to calculating quote pricing, margins, discounts, and percentages
- Strong computer skills (CRM, MXP/ERP systems, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Exceptional telephone and communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Critical Thinking – consequential thinking. Seeking win-win; asking the right questions
- Communication – includes active listening
- Time management
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team oriented work environment
- Robust customer service ethic
- Builds effective relationships with colleagues and customers
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, and RRSP matching.
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Submit your application/résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.