Taymor Industries Ltd.
Family owned since 1948, Taymor is a designer and manufacturer of architectural hardware. The leading choice of builders and professionals for residential, multifamily, and hospitality projects, Taymor delivers exclusive modern designs with a focus on superior quality and value. Taymor's affordable bath accessories, door locks, and commercial hardware products are found in some of the most iconic buildings in North America.
Reporting to the Vice President, Supply Chain, the Operations Manageris responsible for the safe, effective and efficient operation of Taymor’s two Canadian warehouse & product service facilities located in Mississauga, Ontario and Delta, British Columbia.
The position is based in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Manages approximately 4 direct reports and 25 indirect reports
- Ensure safety training, inspections, risk assessments and developing a culture of safety awareness. Participate as a management representative of the Joint H&S Committee
- Coach & mentor team members in all aspects of Operations Management
- Committed to continuous improvement in productivity & operational efficiency
- Develop operational budgets and monitor and manage operating expenses
- Oversee the management & maintenance of operational equipment, machinery and buildings in conjunction with the Property Management group.
- Manage workload and resources to meet variable demand for products & services
- People Management including recruitment, training & development and performance management
- Collaborate with the Manager, Inside Sales & Customer Service to ensure excellence in customer service, including participating in cross functional work targeted to resolve issues raised by customers.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Quality Assurance by assigning & managing resources to conduct inbound quality assurance inspections
- Collaborate with the Manager, Transportation & Customs in the selection of and commercial negotiations with domestic freight carriers
Your Qualifications and Competencies
Top Competencies Essential for success in this role:
- Operations Management
- Team Building & Leading
- Problem Solving (analysis and critical thinking)
- Safety Awareness
- Minimum ten (10) years combined experience in operations or warehouse management
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience managing multiple locations an asset
- Solid experience in implementing process improvement and process management
- Experience coaching, mentoring, developing, and training staff
Knowledge and other Abilities Required
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and barcoding
- Inventory management
- Distribution logistics
- Facilities management
- Continuous improvement & quality management methodologies
- Solid aptitude to drive and manage change
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel - Intermediate proficiency or greater)
- Travel between Toronto and Vancouver will be required on a regular basis.
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .