This is a 4-month contract role (Monday-Friday 7am-3pm)
The Warehouse Materials Handler II is primarily responsible for safely and efficiently picking the right product, in the right quantities, in saleable condition to meet customer order needs. Using mobile equipment is responsible for ensuring the accurate, efficient performing of any task assigned to them relating to customers’ order expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Picking orders from pallet racking by operating a Standup Order Picker forklift machine.
- Operate RF hand scanners to pick, sort and stack product on pallets, to perform cycle counts, recounts, small put aways, bin to bins
- Operate swing reach equipment to transport material to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks and to put away, replenish and retrieve materials
- Sort goods. Pack and unpack goods. Stack products on pallets.
- Load, unload, stack and move products and materials by hand or using equipment.
- Strictly follows safety policies and safe work methods.
- Open and unload containers, assisting in taking inventory and weighing/checking materials.
- General cleaning duties such as sweeping
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum high school leaving diploma or equivalency certificate
- Forklift certificate required
- Certification on standup order picking machines is an asset
- 1-year warehouse experience using order picker equipment
- Previous experience using narrow-aisle an asset
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Basic key punching and computer skills
- Able to stand all day and perform bending, crouching and kneeling
- Able to frequently move packages weighing up to 50lbs
- Reliable and punctual
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.