Customer Service Representative - temporary
This is a temporary role ending June 30, 2018 (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm)
Reporting to the Inside Sales & Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representative will ensure delivery of award winning customer service through timely and accurate processing of orders, communication and coordination with other departments to resolve inquiries. The Customer Service Team works closely with fellow Territory Sales Representatives, Inventory Management, Marketing, Product Development, Quality and Finance Teams to ensure end to end award winning customer service delivery.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive, process, verify and confirm customer orders via telephone, fax, email or EDI.
- Ensure accuracy of inputted order and evaluate alternate supply for discontinued product or backorders (possible substitutions) prior to releasing to the warehouse management system.
- Provide accurate information concerning product availability, order status, product specifications, technical advice, pricing and services as required and upon request from customers and outside sales team members.
- Courteously resolve customers' service, product or billing complaints by diplomatically performing activities such as exchanging merchandise or propose and issue credit notes.
- Approve returns and consider restocking charges when appropriate.
- Support outside sales team where needed and assist other teams as requested
- Provide follow-up for customer quotes
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in telephone customer service/inside sales support
- Experience within manufacturing, distribution or home building industries is strongly preferred
- Experience working with an ERP system an asset
- Technical / mechanical aptitude to learn varied product lines
- Accurate data entry skills with minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office suite
- Proactively identifies customer needs
- Outgoing with an excellent and professional phone manner
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.