Reporting to the VP Builders Markets (CAN), with a dotted line to VP Finance, the Sales Operations Market Analyst is responsible for driving efficiencies in support of the successful execution of short and long-term sales plans and attaining sales objectives. Monitors the sales process and resulting performance, influences people to adopt the process, and fosters intensive cross-functionals collaboration to ensure alignment and growth in sales, market share and profitability. Is also responsible for gathering and maintaining competitor and market data.
The role is a key collaborator and sales advocate within the organization, most notably with the Business Analysis, Finance, Supply Chain, Product Management, Sales, Marketing and IT teams.
Path-to-Purchase and Heroic Sales Management Process
- Support the development and broad collaboration across the organization of our Heroic Sales Management Process (HSMP) and Playbook.
- Responsible for maintaining the sales process (map) and resulting defined actions with insights gained from sales team, developers and ecosystem stakeholders, to adapt how to be most effective in driving project wins
- Assist sales leadership in fostering successful sales team adoption of CRM and Path to Purchase (P2P) project data quality and completeness is captured, including recommendations to improve P2P data capturing in consultation with IT.
- Analyze sales team performance within the framework of our HSMP, identifying sales gaps, critical challenges, opportunities, and fostering broad collaboration across the organization to enhance the sales team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support delivery of our Taymor Academy and Service model by being a strong communication bridge of the P2P and Heroic Sales Management process, and selling activities into the needs and requirements of other cross functional teams, including sales storytelling successes, failures etc.
Sales Operations Analysis
- Determine Regional, Channel, Categorical and Product sales trends and provide recommendations to improve sales effectiveness through selling strategy adjustments.
- Compile insights and trends from CRM data, targeting the developers and ecosystem stakeholders to determine their pain points, needs and wants, as well as increase sales productivity by providing insights into reading project situations that assist their ability to assess and decide what is best to pursue or not and when.
- Assist sales leadership in preparing annual sales plans, forecasting and sales expense budgets
- Identify risks, emerging problems, misalignments, bottlenecks and other challenges in the field with recommended solutions to execute corrective action.
- Assist sales management with ad-hoc analysis to support business decisions as needed.
Competitor and Market Analysis
- Gathers and maintains market and competitor data, including a competitor price database for emerging and existing product categories.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to integrate competitive insights and opportunities into Category Strategies
- Supports PM and Sales leadership by analyzing market share and profitability by regional market from P2P project data, channel sales data and housing market data. Make recommendations based on the analysis informing sales forecasting and plans.
- Develops processes for knowledge capture and knowledge sharing.
- Works with the Design Director to identify, analyze and capture trends in the marketplace to commercialize for future product development opportunities.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Top Competencies Required
- Superb Analytical Thinking
- High degree of communication effectiveness with all levels of the organization
- Deep knowledge of Builders’ Market ecosystem
- Creator of Collaboration
- Sales Process Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a comparable role
- Strong experience with Business Intelligence tools; Business Databases, CRM
- Previous experience with PSA an asset
- Previous experience in similar industry strongly preferred
- Sales processes with experience in building products sold into residential construction strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to drive and host efficient meetings
- Travel into regional markets may be required on occasion
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
To Apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org