Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Family owned, with distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto; we deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, or visit taymor.com for more information.
The Associate Product Manager (APM) is responsible for managing the product portfolio and lifecycle of selected product lines and for the project management of new product development, product changes and line extensions. As well the APM coordinates a wide range of tactical projects including writing and managing product documentation, coordinating packaging & specification changes, supporting retail promotions and other product requirements including planning and selection, and regular supplier communications to coordinate work and meeting deadlines.
Working in conjunction with multiple departments including sourcing, sales, quality assurance, design, marketing, and operations; and liaising with external suppliers and factories, the APM is a key team member of the department, proactive in bringing products to market, recommending product improvements, and supporting customer programs. Working closely with the PMs, Design Director and Director of Category Strategy, as well as cross-functional teams, the APM gathers market and competitor intelligence and develops presentations to support new product introductions. The APM works with marketing to ensure the accuracy of collateral, to develop sales and customer service training materials, to coordinate new product launches, to order and distribute samples, and to create installation instructions. The APM is responsible for ensuring the Website and technical documentation is updated, accurate and meets critical target customer needs.
THE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Product Manager and Director of Category Strategy, manages the product portfolio and lifecycle of selected product lines including introducing new products, managing overstock, redundant or obsolete products, and working closely with cross-functional teams in Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Operations, to coordinate appropriate actions in a timely fashion.
- Follows the Stage Gate and Product Change process and best practices in project management to develop/source new products from idea and research stages through to product launch. Is proactive in working collaboratively with multi-functional teams to develop the plan and business case
- Develops technical information and documentation (installation instructions, templates, specifications, etc.) in collaboration with technical design engineering, quality management, marketing and other functions as appropriate. Proactively drives best practices in developing customer-facing materials and for internal risk management.
- Works with marketing to develop content for collateral, create and update installation instructions, proof packaging materials, proof brochures, catalogues and update the website, and other internal and external company materials
- Oversees and manages inputs for data system (ERP), product and competitor databases, and works with the engineering, PM and IT teams to continually improve processes and technology solutions for product management documentation control, information management and communications
- Establishes strong working relationships with factories to optimize communications and project work and ensures communication is two-way and face-to-face where relevant. Works closely and collaboratively with sourcing and supply chain.
- Directs the quality manager on testing, certification and other compliance needs, and ensures testing and compliance results are done in a timely fashion and within budget. Participates in in-house and external testing processes to fully understand the implications for product development
- In cooperation with appropriate cross-functional teams, evaluates product samples, specifications and performance requirements
- Effectively utilizes a broad range of internal communications tools to convey critical product information, including product changes and project status and issuing of official bulletins and participation at sales meetings.
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Evaluate and standardize procedures and effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Organize and facilitate cross-functional meetings, prepare charter and objectives, distribute materials and record detailed notes
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Product Manager/Director of Category Strategy
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business, engineering, or related fields
- None required, the following are recognized as assets
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- AIPMM Certified Product Manager
- Industry-specific relevant certifications (e.g. Door Hardware, Plumbing)
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a comparable role
- Building products industry desirable
- Experience in manufacturing and product development of consumer goods is an asset
- Specific product knowledge or experience (e.g. Door Hardware, Plumbing) an asset
- Experience with ERP systems an asset
- Building products industry knowledge desirable
- Fluent use of English language both spoken and written required
- Solid Project management skills
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Technical & Professional Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work across the organization and influence with or without formal authority
- Efficiently organizes and structures own workload and cooperation with other team members
- Confidently and knowledgeably facilitates meetings across functional and hierarchical levels
- Detail-oriented, thorough and accurate workmanship
- Effectively communicate to suppliers and customers in an appropriate cultural context
- Elementary knowledge of design and design processes
- Technical aptitude with the ability to effectively communicate and write technical concepts and specifications
- A curiosity and desire to gain an understanding of how things work
- Display initiative to remove obstacles and drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed
- Flexible attitude to change
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com .