Term Contract – Maternity Leave Coverage Oct/Nov 2020 until March 2022, with contract completion bonus.
The Controller is responsible for developing and maintaining internal controls, accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Controller addresses deadlines and a range of accounting activities including cash and asset management, general ledger maintenance, financial reporting, taxes, account receivable/payable, month, quarter and year end; audit procedures and preparation, and support of budget and forecast activities. The Controller also oversees compliance with corporate policies throughout the company. This role manages 6 team members in both Canada and the US and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely manner.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate the operational functions of the accounting department and identify and implement standardized finance, tax and accounting best practices across all finance teams . Ensure that key controls and processes within Finance are appropriately and adequately implemented, documented, and being followed.
- Ensure appropriate month-end, quarter-end and year-end close procedures and account reconciliations, including preparation and remittance of taxes.
- Oversees preparation of internal and external financial statements to comply with banking and regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate and oversee interaction with external auditors and reviewers.
- Co-ordinate and direct financial system changes necessary to meet reporting requirements
- Provide expert analysis and recommendations to resolve technical accounting issues and to implement process and technology solutions
- Work closely with the financial analysis team in the preparation of the budget, and in the monthly monitoring and explanations of variance of actuals performance vs budget.
- Work closely with the SLT team providing advice and information on business KPIs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT TAYMOR
- Technical Accounting Knowledge (including understanding of accounting standards and disclosure requirements under ASPE and US GAAP)
- Analytical Decision Making – analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues and identify options in support of sound and timely decisions
- Plans and organizes projects, processes, and activities to ensure successful execution of business plans
- Fosters learning & development by empowering team members and providing opportunities for improvement activities
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) and public practice experience required
- 7 to 10 years progressive accounting experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at a managerial level
- Experience managing: accounting, cash management, taxes and financial analysis processes
- Proficiency with an ERP system or other large automated accounting system
- Proficiency with process mapping and template development and implementation
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Understanding of database design and impact on obtaining information from ERP system
- Assumes personal responsibility and follows up to meet commitments to others
- Identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently; seizing opportunities that arise
SOME OTHER POINTS
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary and health/dental/vision benefits coverage, and a contract completion bonus.
We take precautions for our staff and provide Personal Protective Equipment to keep our associates safe from Covid-19.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .