The Director of Design at Taymor is a talented and accomplished design professional who provides design leadership to the organization and who inspires and educates the organization on the importance of design and great user experiences. Is this you?
The Director of Design keeps Taymor and Taymor leadership informed about trends in interior design, in consumer product design and in residential building, and helps to develop strategic design solutions that put customers first. Through their strong network of relationships with the designer community; including, interior designers, architects and related organizations, and through their management of the Taymor Designer Council, the Director of Design identifies opportunities for product development, researches and vets new products and product concepts, and supports Taymor marketing planning and brand-building.
They will provide design leadership across a wide range of functional areas including product design and development: participating in product design and in product change planning and developing product solutions from a design perspective; brand: providing design leadership to brand image and brand management; and marketing: providing design leadership to develop sales tools, online marketing, social media, and design that impacts other customer touchpoints. A capable mentor, the Director plays a key role mentoring and training sales associates on communicating Taymor’s design value proposition to customers and on building effective and long-standing relationships with influencers including designers and architects.
The Director is passionate about fostering a deep understanding of design in the organization and in building a design-focused culture where design, creativity and innovation is part of everyone’s role. An empathetic proven leader and team player, the Director of Design has an entrepreneurial spirit and a creative vision capable of creating truly innovative user experiences for Taymor’s customers.
* If you would like a full, detailed, standard job description with tasks, responsibilities and qualifications, please email your request to email@example.com with the subject “Job Description Request – Director of Design”.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE AT TAYMOR
- Has the market knowledge or is able to quickly develop a deep understanding of the external environment or market context including: customer segments, customer insights, influencers in the purchase decision, competitors, market shifts and trends, regulatory environment, etc. etc. etc.
- Capable of rapidly acquiring an in-depth understanding of Taymor’s products and value proposition; their features, application, use and support requirements and able to present the relevant and compelling value proposition to the target customer segment
- Embraces the need for change, seeking new ideas and methods, and championing transformational change
- Is skilled at Strategic Relationship-Building; who identifies, initiates, and nurtures critical relationships through excellence in communications, the art of presenting persuasively and other related skills
- Has excellent ability to employ learned creative and technical design skills in the design of a product or space including ability to conceptualize at the early design stage of a project involving the formulation of new ideas and innovative concepts, and the use of sound creative and technical knowledge throughout the phases of a project.
You’ll want to know about Taymor and our products to know if you want to market our us and our products…
Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Taymor signature bath collections and Premier Series locks are installed nationwide in multi-family residential developments, private residences and leading hotels and resorts. Family owned, with well-stocked distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto; we deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, or visit taymor.com to learn more about us.
SOME OTHER POINTS
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.