The Director – Sourcing, Planning & Quality at Taymor is a technically credible and accomplished supply chain professional who provides direction to the organization on the intricacies and intertwining of sourcing, planning and quality. Can you propel us to achieve even better results?
The Director of Sourcing, Planning & Quality is responsible for the management and oversight of all aspects of sourcing, inventory planning & replenishment and quality assurance. Key areas of focus will include the identification and assessment of new manufacturing partners, factory onboarding and ongoing factory performance management as well as all aspects of inventory planning & replenishment and Taymor’s quality assurance program. With a deep knowledge of manufacturing practices, this individual also acts as a trusted advisor to our Design and Product Management teams as they design and develop new & innovative products. A final critical aspect of this role is to be the Quality Champion at Taymor. This role is responsible for preventative quality management through the execution of quality audits and product testing as well as for the investigation, root cause analysis and ultimate resolution of product defects.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify research and evaluate potential new factory partners using a variety of techniques including process audits, reference checking and product evaluation & testing.
- Manage a new partner factory onboarding program, ensuring the effective exchange of information regarding processes, procedures and general performance expectations.
- Lead commercial negotiations with factory partners; this includes pricing and the definition of all other related commercial terms and conditions.
- Manage Taymor’s factory performance management program. This includes tracking of key performance indicators, solicitation of performance feedback from a wide variety of different stakeholders, conducting review meetings with factory representatives and monitoring the implementation of corrective action plans as appropriate.
* If you would like a full, detailed, standard job description with tasks, responsibilities and qualifications, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Description Request – Director, SP&Q”.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE AT TAYMOR
- Excellent strategic sourcing capabilities, approaching sourcing in a way that maximizes the effectiveness of the procurement of goods and services.
- Remarkable negotiator and influencer
- Excellent factory management skills with the intent to build strong relationships, optimizing the factories critical value propositions, creating win-win negotiations and growing value for both parties.
- Listens and communicates openly, honestly, and respectfully, promoting dialogue, building consensus and inspiring action
- Is an adept analytical decision maker, applying broad analysis and forethought to decision making while thinking several steps ahead and integrating whole systems perspectives
Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Taymor signature bath collections and Premier Series locks are installed nationwide in multi-family residential developments, private residences and leading hotels and resorts. Family owned, with well-stocked distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto; we deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, or visit taymor.com to learn more about us.
SOME OTHER POINTS
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com .