Are you experienced in administrating both Canadian and USA Payroll & Benefits?
Have you used Ceridian Dayforce HCM previously?
Are you customer focused?
If so, this could be the perfect role for you…
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Payroll Accountant is solely responsible for the processing and maintenance of the entire payroll and benefits function for Canada (as well as back-up for US payroll and benefits) including related accounting entries, providing financial support to the business in areas of payroll, forecasting, budgeting, payables and reporting. Additionally, the Payroll Accountant will implement controls where required and support ad hoc projects implementations related to Payroll.
A SNAP SHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for Taymor Canada (approx. 120 employees) while ensuring accuracy (as well as back-up for same functions in USA – 30 employees)
- Creates and maintains individual payroll, personnel, benefit files for all Canadian Taymor associates (as well as back-up for same functions in USA)
- Creates, maintains and analyzes full range of reports (e.g. attendance, quarterly sales bonuses, grid summaries, labour cost variances, anniversary, etc.)
- Manages group insurance, including benefit premium payments and responding to all employees inquiries
- Submits injuries reports to WCB and WSIB, as well as returns and remittances for multiple provinces
- Prepares, processes and reconciles tax slips and summaries
- Reconcile CRA statements and deductions at source
- Processes payment of government remittances, garnishees, family support and benefits
- Prepares RRSP contribution reports and processes payments for RRSP deductions to RRSP benefits carrier
- Manages DPSP (preparation, reconciliation & communications)
- Calculates quarterly sales bonuses and prepares reports and communications for individual sales reps
- Prepares and submits all labour related journal entries
- Prepares transfer pricings reports for inter-company transfers
- Maintains/reconciles all labour related liabilities accounts and payroll control accounts and payroll bank account
- Prepares audit working papers and audit binders for all payroll related accounts for year-end audit
- Prepares selling costs reports for sales management executives
- Keeps informed of new labour related legislation and regulations and provides support and advices for department managers and human resources
* If you would like a full, detailed, standard job description with tasks, responsibilities and qualifications, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Description Request – Payroll Accountant”.
Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Taymor signature bath collections and Premier Series locks are installed nationwide in multi-family residential developments, private residences and leading hotels and resorts. Family owned, with well-stocked distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto; we deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, or visit taymor.com to learn more about us.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE AT TAYMOR
- Remains up-to-date on Payroll Compliance legislation
- Inherently maintains the highest level of confidentiality
- Works efficiently and maintains order
- Provides high levels of customer service in all interactions
- Extremely detail-oriented
SOME OTHER POINTS
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com .