The Site Service Technician role is the onsite technician for Taymor products supplied into projects for the new construction channel, with a strong focus directed to training and servicing product applications, ensuring our customers’ needs are met and exceeded. This role is a key service interface, acting as Taymor’s service representative with builders, trades, homeowners and distributors that are associated with these projects. Additional core responsibilities will be supporting the in-house project keying and display building service.
- Onsite service of product, including adjustments, disassembly, assembly, repair or replacement
- Onsite keying service, including rekeying to existing master or construction key systems
- Setting up master keying systems and managing key control
- Key cutting and keying of locksets – rekeying, master keying, construction keying
- Support other warehouse functions when needed
- Key backup to Product Services Team Lead for vacation and other misc coverage
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT TAYMOR
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of Taymor products at the technical level
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
- Highly efficient with use of time with minimal errors
- High level of Accountability (i.e. initiative, follow through to completion)
- 2 years experience in the door and hardware, locksmith or plumbing channels
- Minimum of 1 year experience in keying
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Sales oriented with excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good time management skills
- Good understanding of MS Office Suite
- Results and solution oriented, flexibility to work overtime, finish jobs
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, crouch and lift up to 50lbs
- Driver’s license
Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Taymor signature bath collections and Premier Series locks are installed nationwide in multi-family residential developments, private residences and leading hotels and resorts. Family owned, with well-stocked distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto; we deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, or visit taymor.com to learn more about us.
SOME OTHER POINTS
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
We take precautions for our staff and provide Personal Protective Equipment to keep our associates safe from Covid-19.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .